- Nearly all (98.8%) of grads are employed within six months of graduation.
- Applied learning is demonstrated by having 3 times as many labs as classrooms!
- It is distinguished by being among the 3% of universities that are polytechnic.
About This CampusUniversity of Wisconsin-Stout is a career-focused, comprehensive polytechnic university where diverse students, faculty and staff integrate applied learning, scientific theory, humanistic understanding, creativity and research to solve real-world problems, grow the economy and serve a global society. UW-Stout's programs prepare students for productive careers in business, industry, technology, education, human development, and art and design.
UW-Stout's approach to education emphasizes these tenets:
- Career Focus: offers a comprehensive curriculum that prepares graduates for professional careers.
- Applied Learning: blends theory with practice to produce innovative solutions to real world problems.
- Collaboration: works closely with business, industry and other educational institutions to benefit students and grow the economy.
Location InformationMenomonie is located only one hour east of the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, close enough to enjoy all that a major metropolitan area offers, yet far enough to maintain an envied quality of life.
Helpful InformationThere a lot going on in Menomonie, WI, despite being a small city. It is home to Lake Menomin, Red Cedar State Trail, Hoffman Hills, and Devils Punch Bowl. Its 150-year-old downtown features rich historic architecture and is home to the world-class Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts, first-rate restaurants, and a large selection of independent locally owned shops. On campus, 3/4 of undergrads participate in student organizations. Learn more: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/student-life