EducationNotable Academic Programs
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems - Do you wish to become an active participant in making a difference in the world? Change how you think globally and act locally? Acquire skills in ecological food production, a comprehensive understanding of how agroecosystems work, and earn an internationally recognized “Permaculture Design Certificate”?
All of this is offered within the specialization in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems (SAFS) in the Department of Environment and Geography.
- Psychology - Aims at giving students an understanding of the human mind and behavior, but also enables them to be active, contributing members of their communities.
- Sports Studies - The Sports Studies program provides an intensive study of sport and exercise in society. It’s designed to encourage students to adopt an interdisciplinary perspective that gathers together the individual, local, national and international dimensions of sport and exercise. Consequently, it exposes students to the social, biological, political, business and economic aspects of sport in sport in society. It also provides opportunities for practical experiences.
- Arts Administration - The Arts Administration Program provides you with the knowledge, the tools and the connections to manage your artistic career or to become a leader in the arts sectors. Our program offers the perfect blend of courses in Arts Administration, Arts (fine arts, music, drama, film studies and public history and heritage) and Business, and includes six credits of experiential learning in and outside the campus.
Everything in the curriculum is designed with one goal in mind: to prepare you to lead a long, exciting and rewarding career in the art world. In addition, here at BU, you will be part of a passionate multidisciplinary community with plenty of hands-on opportunities.
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Accounting, Agriculture, Anatomy, Art, Art Education, Art History, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Biology/Life Science, Botany/Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Classical Studies, Coaching, Communication, Comparative Literature, Computer and Information Science, Creative Writing, Criminology, Drawing, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Elementary Education, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Sciences, European History, Exercise Science, Film, Fine Art, First Nation Studies, French, German, Gerontology, Global Studies, History, Information Technology, International Studies, Japanese, Journalism, Junior High/Middle School Education, Literature, Marketing, Mathematics, Music, Music Education, Music Theory and Composition, Neuroscience, Performing Arts: Voice, Philosophy, Physics, Piano, Political Economy, Political Science, Pre-Law, Pre-Medicine, Psychology, Religious Studies/Theology, Secondary Education, Sociology, Spanish, Sports and Leisure Studies, Sports Management/Administration, Studio Art, Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), Theater Arts/Drama/Acting, Visual Arts, Women and Gender Studies
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 06/22/22
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 06/22/22
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- On-Campus Housing
- 30% living on campus
- Double: $2700
- Per semester unless otherwise noted
Notes About Meal Plans
- Off-Campus Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $600
- Proximity to campus: 1.5
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
Access to Dewhurst Dining Hall from 7:30 am to 11:30pm, 7 days a week, for the ‘all you care to eat’ continuous dining experience.
Figures per Semester are current as of 06/22/22
Important Notes about Health Insurance
All international students must purchase RSA Insurance, regardless of personal/home institution coverage, as per QC government rules. Citizens of a limited number of European countries (Denmark, Finland, France, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Belgium, Romania or Greece) may apply for provincial health coverage and have the RSA Insurance fee refunded to them.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $425 per semester.