Curiosity is your compass.
Read below for essential tips for researching your exchange and deciding on and NSE campus.
Understand exchange policies and procedures.Contact your home campus NSE Coordinator with key questions.
- Which tuition plan is available to me? NSE students pay HOME or HOST tuition, not both.
- What are my campus eligibility requirements?
- What is the deadline and application process?
Understand Academic ChoicesReview Academic Credit for more info. Review the Academics tab and Course Catalog on the campus profile of any school you are considering.
- Do I have a flexible academic plan for exchange? If you are dependent on a specific course for graduation or to maintain academic progress, exchange may not be appropriate. Registration in host campus courses is based on offerings and availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Has my academic advisor approved my plan for exchange?
- Will the host campus offer access to adequate courses for maintenance of academic progress?
- Will participating in the exchange delay graduation?
- How will specialized or unique course offerings at the host campus enhance my academic program and career objectives?
- Am I proficient in the language of my prospective host campus? Classes are taught in Spanish at all campuses in Puerto Rico. At most campuses in Quebec, classes are taught in French.
- Is the host campus on the same academic calendar as my own? If you are moving between quarter and semester calendars, you are encouraged to plan an academic year exchange to maintain academic progress.
Understand FinancesReview Tuition and Fees and Financial Aid for more info. Review the campus profile of any school you're considering.
- Which tuition plan is available to me?
- How will exchange affect my financial aid?
- Are my financial resources sufficient to cover the cost of exchange?