-- Campus Catalog --Registration PriorityClosed Programs
School of Veterinary Medicine, Master's Program in PsychologyLimitations
Agriculture Communications requires departmental approval before students will be accepted for placement. Contact Coordinator prior to conference. Education, Clinical Psychology, Strategic Communication, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering and some upper division engineering programs have very limited access. Areas that require studio work such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, and Art programs have limitations and require portfolio reviews prior to admission.Notable Academic Programs
- Agricultural Economics - This program has a strong international component enhancing the overall student learning experience.
- Animal Sciences - Very popular with incoming NSE exchange students and well suited for students planning to continue to Veterinary School for a professional degree.
- Aviation Studies - OSU recently received an MD80 aircraft from American Airlines as an aviation laboratory.
- Music Performance - Our trumpet program continues to win international competitions. A new performing center is being built and the program just received a $25 million donation for program development.
- Hotel/Restaurant Management - Historically strong program with a research hotel on campus as well as several restaurant labs.
Unique Academic Programs
- Fire Science - This program attracts students from around the world interested in Fire Safety and Protection. OSU is the largest publisher of fire safety manuals.
- Entrepreneurship - This program is top in the nation with unique internship and business incubation opportunities.
- Leadership Studies - This extracurricular program focuses on ethical leadership and offers a very popular study abroad course each summer that is open to NSE students.
- Coaching - A new Coaching Science Major and Minor provide students innovative coaching courses as part of their academic program.
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE StudentsAerospace Sciences:
Honors Access: Yes
Aviation Studies, Flight Technology
Agriculture: Agricultural Business, Agricultural Communications, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Education, Agricultural Sciences, Agronomy, Animal Sciences, Crop Science/Management, Equine Technology, Farm and Ranch Management, Horticulture, Land Resources, Livestock Production, Plant and Soil Systems, Plant Pathology, Plant Science, Soil Science, Water Management
Architecture: Architecture, Landscape Architecture/Design
Area Studies: American Studies, Asian Studies, Gerontology, International Studies
Art/Design/Fine Art: Art, Art History, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Studio Art, Theater Art
Athletics: Coaching, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Sports Communication, Sports Management/Administration
Biological Sciences: Biology/Life Science, Biotechnology, Botany/Plant Sciences, Cell Biology, Entomology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Molecular Biosciences, Physiology, Wildlife Biology, Zoology
Business: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Finance/Banking, Home Furnishings Merchandising, Human Resource Management, International Agribusiness, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Marketing, Retailing and Merchandising, Public Relations
Chemistry: Biochemical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biochemistry
Communications: Broadcasting, Communication, Journalism, Multimedia, Writing/Editing
Consumer and Family Studies: Family Science/Services
Earth Sciences: Geology, Physical Sciences
Education: Business and Marketing Education, Child Development, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, English, French, Health Education, Human Development, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Science, Social Science Education, Spanish, Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Engineering: Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering
English: Creative Writing, English, Film Studies, Professional Writing, Technical Writing
Environmental Studies: Energy/Environmental Policy, Environmental Sciences, Fire Science, Fisheries Science, Natural Resources, Natural Resources/Science/Management, Range Management/Resources, Renewable Natural Resources, Wildlife Ecology, Wildlife Management
Fashion: Apparel/Fashion Design, Apparel/Fashion Merchandising
Food Science: Culinary Arts, Food Science, Nutrition
Foreign Language: Arabic (some courses), Chinese (some courses), French, German, Japanese (some courses), Spanish
Forestry: Forest Management, Urban Forestry
General Studies: Arts and Science, Gender Studies, Individualized Degree Program, Interdisciplinary Studies
Geography and Urban Studies: Geography
Health and Safety Sciences: Communication Disorders, Community Health, Exercise Science, Gerontology, Health Promotion, Therapeutic Recreation
Hospitality and Tourism: Hotel/Restaurant Management, Hotel/Travel Administration
Industrial Studies: Construction Management
Information Studies: Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Systems
International Studies: International Studies
Mathematics: Mathematics, Statistics
Military Sciences: Air Force ROTC, Army ROTC
Performing Arts: Music, Music Education, Music Performance, Theater Arts/Drama, Theater Design Technology, Theater Production
Philosophy/Religious Studies: Philosophy, Religious Studies
Physics: Applied Physics, Physics
Political Science: Political Science
Recreation: Leisure Studies, Recreation Therapy, Sports Management
Sociology/Social Work: Applied Sociology, Sociology
Speech Pathology and Audiology: Communication Disorders
Technology: Agricultural Engineering Technology, Computer Technology, Construction Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology
Theater: Performance and Directing