- When will I register? According to class standing
- Syllabus Request for Course Pre-Approval: Contact Host Campus instructor or department
School of Nursing (CCNE accreditation)
Respiratory Therapy (CoArc accreditation)Limitations
School of Education (AAQEP accreditation)
School of Business (AACSB accreditation)Notable Academic Programs
- Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution - The Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution (CADR) Department, ranked the number two program of its kind in the nation by Schools.com, is a unique “program of distinction” that awards its graduates with a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts in CADR. The department, in conjunction with the Bosserman Center for Conflict Resolution, offers you a multidisciplinary, practical and applied approach to teaching and training.
- Art - We have one of only a few university-based hot glass studies in the country.
- Environmental Studies - For the outdoor adventurer who loves marshes, rivers, forests, and barrier islands, there's no better-situated university on the east coast. Tucked between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, students can explore some of the mid-Atlantic’s most intact river systems, the Nanticoke and the Pocomoke; study coastal barrier islands such as Cedar and Assateague Islands; visit major wildlife refuges at Blackwater and Chincoteague; observe working watermen’s communities on Smith and Tangier Islands; and investigate close to a hundred thousand acres of regional wetlands.
- Elementary Education - Our program is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educators Preparation and National Association for the Education of Young Children and is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education for elementary school teacher certification (grades 1-6). These high standards we uphold have resulted in our 100% licensing exam pass rate.SU’s Regional Professional Development Schools Network has been honored with four national awards for their exemplary partnerships with P-12 schools; the second in the nation.
- Marketing - Our program’s selling point is that SU has been ranked among the top schools for professional sales education. Courses cover topics such as advertising, sales, market research, product planning, purchasing, transportation and public relations. The Mid-Atlantic Sales and Marketing Institute (MASMI) at Salisbury University invites university sales programs to register their best two sales students to compete in the National Shore Sales Challenge. Student competitors from universities across the country compete in a role-play and speed-selling competition across this two-day event.
Unique Academic Programs
- Hot Glass - A track in the BFA program;The SU Glass Program is the only hot glass program in the entire state of Maryland. We boast state-of-the-art hot glass facilities and a fully equipped cold working area. Students learn this exciting, demanding art with an emphasis on safety, teamwork and creativity. Professionalism on all levels is stressed from the very first, and student involvement with the larger world of glass art is encouraged. The Glass Club is active on campus, sponsoring sales of student artwork and other activities.
- Urban and Regional Planning - One of the unique characteristics of the URPL program at SU is its multidisciplinary curriculum, giving students a broad foundation for their future career or postgraduate studies including our own graduate M.S. in GIS Management, which was ranked the No. 1 online master’s GIS program nationally.
- Outdoor Education Leadership - Outdoor education leadership classes offer practical preparation for a growing job market. Graduates of the program will acquire skills that can be used in Camp leadership, National Park Services, and a variety of wilderness adventure and interpretive programs. Job-ready certifications include Canoeing and Kayaking, Wilderness First Aid, and SCUBA Diving.
- Music Technology - A track in the Music major; Students develop a well-rounded performance and music technology background that is ready for tomorrow’s music industry. Topics studied include music recording, audio editing, mixing and mastering, electronic music composition, music business, entrepreneurship, copyright issues, and musical performance through a variety of modern media. Although students gain skills as music technologists, the goals of this track include a comprehensive background in the study of traditional music, including theory, history, conducting, applied lessons and performance.
- Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution - More and more schools across the nation are seeing a need for peace education – and SU is already leagues ahead. The Department of Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution (CADR) is ranked the number two program of its kind in the nation. The department, in conjunction with the Bosserman Center for Conflict Resolution, is a unique program of distinction that offers a multidisciplinary, practical and applied approach to teaching and training.
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Honors Access: Yes
RA Exchange: Yes
Accounting, Actuarial Science, African Studies... ++ show all
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 06/29/23
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- Pay regular tuition to your home campus. No tuition/fees are paid to your host campus.
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
|Course Fees / Materials
|Host & Home
Figures per Semester are current as of 06/29/23
Important Notes about Health Insurance
If you are coming from Canada on a J1 visa, we have a short-term American health insurance plan for non-US citizens that you can sign up for if you need it. We do not require health insurance for Americans but, of course, it is highly recommended.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Comments on Problems or Conditions for Access
TB screening questionnaire with testing if necessary
Other Health Related Comments
Required health forms to be completed through Salisbury University student health web portal