Architecture/Interior design/Landscape architecture, Dietetics & Nutrition, Mass communication/Journalism/Public Relations/Advertising, Digital Media Studies, Health Service Administration, Accounting, and Nursing. Academic certificates cannot be awarded to exchange students.Limitations
Business, biology, chemistry, music, theater, social work, education, economics, civil engineering, and environmental engineering courses are difficult to guarantee. They may require proof of prerequisites and/or equivalency verification. Biology/life science, chemistry, civil & environmental engineering courses will require syllabus (translated in English) for all prerequisites completed at another institution. Civil & environmental engineering courses may have reserved spaces for our degree-seeking students. Art & photography courses have limited enrollment access.Notable Academic Programs
- International Business - Our Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business is ranked #2 in the U.S. Global trade is growing at unprecedented speed and is affecting all businesses, even those focused on the domestic market. A degree in international business will help you zero in on the steps to success and provide you with the skills needed to take advantage of emerging opportunities. You'll learn the necessary background on global trade and winning strategies used by multi-national corporations as they deal with cross-border political, legal, economic, social and financial issues.
- Latin American Studies - Our Latin American & Caribbean Center has been recognized for over three decades as a leader in scholarship, research, outreach and training related to particular geographic regions or thematic areas. They house five programs which have been named FIU Programs of Excellence: Andean Studies, Brazilian Studies, Haitian Studies, Governance & Security, and Migration & Transient Communities. The Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center leverages its geographically strategic position in Miami as a powerful resource for the communities it serves.
- Hospitality Management - Our Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management has been distinguished as one of the top hospitality programs in the United States. The campus sits in one of the most strategic locations for any hospitality management school. South Florida is one of the leading centers for international tourism in the nation. Student access to living-lab resources, employment, innovative concepts, and exposure to the extensive diversity within the industry is unmatched.
Classrooms are outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment that enable faculty to reach students in meaningful ways, some examples include our Wine Spectator Restaurant Management Laboratory, Badia Spices Food Production Laboratory, Interactive Modular Classrooms, Culinary Demonstration Laboratory, Bacardi Center of Excellence, and Brew Science Laboratory. One big collaboration is with Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits as co-producer of the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
Unique Academic Programs
- Marine Biology - Our interdisciplinary program offers Students the opportunity to take classes on both campuses, online and at our unique facilities throughout South Florida as well as work across a variety of disciplines on marine-related research and education. We foster collaboration by integrating researchers and students from the Medina Aquarius Program, Global FinPrint, the Tropical Conservation Institute, the International Center for Tropical Botany, and the Florida Coastal Everglades Long Term Ecological Research Program.
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Honors Access: Yes
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 06/12/23
Tuition and Fees Per Semester - Host Payment Students
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Pay resident-rate tuition to your host campus. No tuition/fees are paid to your home campus
- Estimated cost: $3283.
- Figures are based on full-time enrollment.
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- Pay regular tuition to your home campus. No tuition/fees are paid to your host campus.
- Host Payment: 18
- Home Payment: 18
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
|NSE Program Fee
||Host & Home
|Non-refundable HOUSING Fee
||Host & Home
|Tax Compliance Hold -Canadian students only! Fee
|Course Fees / Materials||Varies||Semester||Host & Home||Mandatory|
Important Notes: 1) Canadian Students: Prior to your departure from FIU, you will be required to make a payment of approximately $13 per semester and complete the Foreign National Information Form in order to satisfy a Tax Compliance Hold. At the conclusion of your exchange, you will not be able to request official FIU transcripts until this fee has been satisfied with the University.
2)Parking Fee ($95) per term is required for HOME pay students who will park a vehicle on-campus. As all FIU students, HOST pay students will have the parking fee included in their semester tuition/fees balance, regardless if they park on-campus or not.
Figures per Semester are current as of 06/12/23
Important Notes about Health Insurance
U.S. citizens will be required to show proof of having adequate health insurance, either from their home state or they may purchase FIU's domestic student health insurance plan: https://dasa.fiu.edu/student-support/wellness/immunization-insurance/fiu-health-insurance/index.html. International students are required to have international health insurance that will comply with Florida's international student laws. Please see https://dasa.fiu.edu/student-support/wellness/immunization-insurance/insurance-for-international-students/index.html.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Other Health Related Comments
All students must have Health Insurance. A Panther ID student number must be included on all immunization document submissions.
Canadian NSE students (J-1 visa) & International Students (F-1 visa) from other US states, must either purchase FIU’s International Health Insurance Plan at StudentHealth.fiu.edu/insurance.
OR (2) Complete the Alternate Health Insurance Compliance Form found on StudentHealth.fiu.edu/insurance.