- Campus Catalog
- Priority: According to class standing
- Syllabus Request for Course Pre-Approval: Contact Host Coordinator for assistance
Nursing, Social Work, EducationLimitations
Music courses or groups that require audition.Unique Academic Programs
- Green Chemistry - Green Chemistry prepares students to undertake graduate studies in analytical, inorganic, organic, or physical chemistry or biochemistry, or to work as chemistry professionals. In addition to traditional training and education in a chemistry curriculum, students can use the principles of green chemistry to evaluate the ecological and economical sustainability of chemicals and chemical processes. Toxicology and the environmental fate of chemicals are key components of these principles.
- Philosophy of Neuroethics - This field of study is an option for those in the scientific and medical fields, where the issue of ethics and science meet.
- Wildlife Biology - Students are exposed to wildlife management methods, field techniques, and theoretical studies of wildlife species, populations, and communities. Wildlife biologists will ultimately be responsible for the study and management of animal and plant populations within the state, national, and possibly international borders.
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Accounting, Actuarial Science, Advertising... ++ show all
Accounting, Actuarial Science, Advertising, African American Studies, African Studies, American Sign Language, Anatomy, Animal Sciences, Anthropology, Art, Art Education, Art History, Biochemistry, Biology/Life Science, Broadcasting, Business Administration, Business Management, Chemistry, Chinese, Clinical Psychology, Communication, Comparative Literature, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, Computer Network Security, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dance, Design, Early Childhood Education, Earth Science, Economics, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Health Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Epidemiology, Finance/Banking, Fine Art, French, German, Gerontology, Graphic Design, Health Administration, Historic Preservation, History, Human Resource Management, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Japanese, Journalism, Linguistics, Literature, Marketing, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Technology, Middle Eastern Studies, Molecular Biology, Music, Music Education, Music Theory and Composition, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Performance and Directing, Philosophy, Photography, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Law, Pre-Medicine, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Public Policy Studies, Sculpture, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Supply Chain Management, Teacher Education, Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), Technical Writing, Theater Arts/Drama/Acting, Urban Planning, Wildlife Biology, Women and Gender Studies
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 02/07/22
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
- Home Payment: 18 ($107 per additional hour)
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
Important Notes: Housing cost is for one semester, includes meal plan, and is for a standard two person single. Other options are available. Housing deposit is due within two weeks of signing the housing contract. Students who cancel their agreement prior to July 1 will receive a full refund. After July 1 but before Aug 1, those who cancel will forfeit 50 percent of their deposit. After Aug 1, the entire deposit will be forfeited.
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 02/07/22
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
Notes About Housing
- On-Campus Housing
- 4% living on campus
- Double: $4646 (includes meals)
- Per semester unless otherwise noted
- Students must live on campus
- Maximum housing reserved for women: 4
- Maximum housing reserved for men: 4
Reservation numbers are estimated. NSE placements are early enough that we will have no problem placing students in housing. See the website for more housing details. https://www.umflint.edu/reslife/undergraduate-housing
Notes About Meal Plans
- Campus Meal Plans
- Meal purchase is required for on campus living.
- $1195 declining balance plan.
Meal plans are required and the cost is included in the cost of the room and board contract. The meal plan is loaded on the student MCard and can be used at a variety of places including in the laundry room, printing services, 2 vending machines, the Barnes & Noble Bookstore on campus, for vouchers to use at local businesses, and at food vendors on campus.
Figures per Semester are current as of 02/07/22
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students do not need to purchase health insurance.
Comments on Problems or Conditions for Access
UM-Flint has many strong accessibility features. The bus and train station are a block away from the university. Bishop International Airport is 10 minutes away.