-- Campus Catalog --Registration Priority
Notable Academic Programs
- According to class standing
- Legal Studies
- Transportation Management
- Aquatic Biology
- Music Performance - Three performance tracks are offered: Vocal, Instrumental and Keyboard.
- Business Administration
Unique Academic Programs
- First Nation Studies
- Forensic Chemistry
- Art Therapy - Study art therapy through our undergraduate or graduate programs and be trained to use both art and therapy to help people who experience illness, trauma, or challenges in living, and people who seek personal development.
- Environmental Sciences - Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve
Lake Superior Research Institute
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Agriculture: Plant Science
Art/Design/Fine Art: Art, Art Education, Art History, Art Therapy, Studio Art, Visual Arts
Athletics: Exercise Science, Fitness Management, Health and Fitness Teaching, Physical Education
Biological Sciences: Aquatic Biology, Biology/Life Science, Botany/Plant Sciences, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology
Business: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Finance/Banking, International Business, Management, Marketing, Supply and Logistics Management, Transportation Management
Chemistry: Chemistry, Forensic Chemistry
Communications: Communication, Journalism, Journalism and Contemporary Media, Mass Communication, Radio and Television Studies, Speech/Rhetoric/Public Address, Television
Computer Science: System Administration
Criminal Justice: Criminal Justice, Legal Studies
Education: Adapted Physical Education, Athletic Training Education, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, English, Exceptional Children, Health Education, Junior High/Middle School, Junior High/Middle School Mathematics, Kindergarten Education, Language and Literacy, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Preschool Education, Reading, Science, Secondary Education, Social Science Education, Special Education
English: English, Writing
Environmental Studies: Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Fisheries Science
General Studies: Individualized Degree Program, Interdisciplinary Studies
Health and Safety Sciences: Community Health, Exercise Science, Health Promotion
Information Studies: Computer Science
Mathematics: Applied Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematics
Music: Choral Music
Performing Arts: Choral Music, Music, Music Education, Music Performance, Music Theory and Composition, Performance, Theater Arts/Drama
Political Science: Peace Studies, Political Science
Pre-Professional : Law Pre-Professional, Medicine Pre-Professional
Psychology: Behavioral Science, Psychology
Sociology/Social Work: Social Work, Sociology
Tuition / Fees
-- Campus Budget --
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment (Plan B) Students
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment (Plan B) students.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
- Home Payment (Plan B): 18 ($957.02 per additional hour)
Figures are current as of 05/02/19.
|NSE Program Fee
|Natural Science course Fee
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $1,486 per semester.
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 05/02/19
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- 30% living on campus
- Double: $3565 (includes meals)
- Full-year contract required for a full-year exchange
- On campus living encouraged
- Maximum housing reserved for women: 3
- Maximum housing reserved for men: 3
- Maximum unrestricted housing reserved: 6
Notes About Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $600
- Proximity to campus: 2 blocks
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
Residence halls have varying rates for single double, and suite style rooms. All registered students may use the local DTA bus at no charge.
Meal Plans Per Semester
Notes About Meal Plans
- Meal purchase is not required for on campus living.
Superior Plan - $1565 -Unlimited Meals & $50 of Jacket Cash included.
Black and Gold - $1325 - 135 Meals & $225 of Jacket Cash included.
Jacket cash are declining dollars that act like a debit account.