Nursing, social work, and CMI (film studies)Limitations
Classes in community health and environmental and occupational health require permission. Professional Golf Management and some courses in Art may have limited enrollment. Education courses are also limited.Unique Academic Programs
- Aerospace Engineering - Among Institutions of Higher Education in New Mexico, NMSU is the only one to offer this program.
- Engineering Physics - Among institutions of higher education in New Mexico, NMSU is the only one to offer.
- Engineering Technology - Among institutions of higher education in New Mexico, NMSU is the only one to offer.
- Industrial Engineering Technology - Among institutions of higher education in New Mexico, NMSU is the only one to offer.
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Honors Access: Yes
Accounting, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Biology... ++ show all
Accounting, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Business, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Education, Agriculture, Agronomy and Crop Science, Animal Sciences, Anthropology, Apparel/Fashion Design, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Art, Art History, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Astronomy, Athletic Training, Biochemistry, Biology/Life Science, Botany/Plant Sciences, Business Administration, Business Education, Business Management, Ceramic Art/Ceramics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Choral Music, Civil Engineering, Coaching, Communication, Communication Disorders, Communication Studies, Community Health, Computer and Information Science, Computer Graphics, Computer Network Security, Conservation Biology, Counseling, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dance, Digital Arts, Drawing, Economics, Electrical Engineering, English, Entomology, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Equine Science, Family Consumer Science, Fashion/Retail Merchandising, Finance/Banking, Fine Art, Food Science, Forensic Science, Forestry, French, Geography, Geological Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, German, Gerontology, Government, History, Horticulture, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, International Business, International Relations, Japanese, Jewelry and Metalsmithing, Journalism, Kinesiology, Latin American Studies, Linguistics, Literature, Marketing, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Military Sciences, Molecular Biology, Music, Music Theory and Composition, Native American/American Indian Studies, Nutrition, Painting, Philosophy, Photography, Physical Education, Physics, Plant Pathology, Plant Science, Political Science, Portuguese, Printmaking, Psychology, Public Health, Public Relations, Range Management/Resources, Sculpture, Social Work, Sociology, Soil Science, South Asian Studies, Spanish, Speech Pathology and Audiology, Statistics, Studio Art, Theater Arts/Drama/Acting, Tourism Management, Water Management, Wildlife Biology, Wildlife Management, Women and Gender Studies, Zoology
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/17/23
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
|NSE Program Fee
|Programming applied to campus residents Fee
|Housing Application Fee
|Meal Plan Application Fee
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 05/17/23
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- On-Campus Housing
- 20% living on campus
- Double: $3026
- Full-year contract required for a full-year exchange
Notes About Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $700
- Proximity to campus: 3
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
NSE students are only eligible for the On-Campus Apartment Communities.
If the student is applying for Fall semester only, then a year contract is required, however, the contract can be cancelled with a memo from the NSE coordinator at the end of the Fall semester.
Notes About Meal Plans
- Campus Meal Plans
- Meal purchase is not required for on campus living.
- $2070 declining balance plan.
The cost above reflects an unlimited meal plan. There are multiple meal plan options available that range in price from $150 - $2604 per semester.
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/17/23
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $780 per semester.
Other Health Related Comments
International Students are required to take a TB Test or provide TB Test results during the orientation period. Students enrolling in classes beginning in the Summer 2023 session or later are no longer required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or apply for an exemption.