Health Administrative Services
Medical Laboratory Sciences
Automotive Technology, Interior Design, Building Design & Construction (Civil Engineering/Architecture), and Construction Management are all taught at the Davis Campus 30 minutes from the main campus. There is a shuttle, but students should be aware of the commute.Notable Academic Programs
- Outdoor & Community Recreation Education - Utah boasts 14 ski resorts, over 50 million acres of public lands, including five national parks and 43 state parks, and headquarters for numerous outdoor companies. What better place to learn than a university close to many outdoor recreation areas?
- Supply Chain Management - SCM students have the opportunity to work with real companies to learn first hand what the job will be like. 100% job placement rate upon graduation. Most students go on to work for notable companies such as the US Air Force, Autoliv, Sun Products, and more!
- Electrical Engineering - Weber State ECE graduates have historically enjoyed nearly 100% job placement upon graduation. Graduates go on to work for NASA, Northrop Grumman (Thiokol), US Air Force, Boeing, US Department of Defense, and more!
- Automotive Technology - Ranked top 16 Best Automotive Technology Colleges in the U.S., and one of the only schools in the west to offer this degree in a Bachelor's level. Corporate partners include Toyota, GM, Chrysler, Young Automotive Group, LHM Group and Ford.
- Criminal Justice/Crime Scene Investigation - Students are taught by experts that have worked in the field for numerous years, with some still working in the field. Graduates from this program go on to careers with civilian crime scene units and fingerprint units throughout the western United States, FBI, and other local law agencies.
Unique Academic Programs
- Energy Engineering - A new program to learn about one of the more recent engineering fields to emerge. The main responsibility of energy engineers is to find the most efficient, sustainable and cost-effective ways to operate buildings, power plants and manufacturing processes. This is one of the only Energy Engineering (efficient/renewable energy) programs in Utah.
- International Business Economics - This is Utah's first bachelor's degree in business to include a language requirement and study abroad opportunities, in addition to a full business curriculum. A fantastic program intended for students interested in working for multinational business organizations or in employment outside of the United States.
- Nutrition Education - The only nutrition education major in Utah with options to concentrate in integrative nutrition or sports nutrition. It is available fully online or in person, and was featured in the top 15 best online health degrees. This program will prepare students for graduate programs with the knowledge and training for the Registered Dietician Examination.
- Manufacturing and Systems Engineering - MSE students can gain practical experience through cooperative work experiences and community service in the local area. They can also get involved with professional organizations like SAE International, The International Society of Automation, SME, and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Students will have opportunities to gain experience in state of the art engineering and production labs focusing on plastics & composite, robotics, automation & controls, CAD graphics, fluids engineering, and much more.
- Medical Microbiology - As one of the best universities for Health Professions in Utah and in the West, it makes sense that we would have a Medical Microbiology emphasis to our Microbiology degree! This degree helps prepare students to go to Medical or graduate school, but also prepares students for careers straight out of college. A good portion of graduates go on to Medical School while others go on to work for government agencies or private industries such as ARUP.
OptionsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Honors Access: Yes
Accounting, Advertising, Aerospace Engineering... ++ show all
Accounting, Advertising, Aerospace Engineering, American Sign Language, Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Archaeology, Architecture, Art, Art Education, Art History, Asian Studies, Automotive Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology/Life Science, Biotechnology, Botany/Plant Sciences, Business, Business Administration, Business Information Systems, Business Management, Chemistry, Child Care, Child Development, Chinese, Choral Music, Civil Engineering, Coaching, Communication, Community Health, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Network Security, Construction Management, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Dance, Data Processing, Design, Dietetics, Digital Arts, Digital Communications and Media/Multimedia, Early Childhood Education, Earth Science, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Elementary Education, Engineering Physics, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Sciences, Ethnic Studies, European Studies, Exercise Science, Family Studies, Fashion/Retail Merchandising, Film, Finance/Banking, Fine Art, Forensic Science, French, Geography, Geology, German, Gerontology, Global Studies, Graphic Design, Health Administration, Health Education, Health Services/Hospital Administration and Management, History, Human Resource Management, Information Technology, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Japanese, Journalism, Land Use Planning and Management, Latin American Studies, Law Enforcement/Police Sciences, Linguistics, Literature, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Materials Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Merchandising and Buying Operations, Microbiology, Military Sciences, Music, Music Education, Neuroscience, Nutrition, Organizational Communications, Performance and Directing, Performing Arts: Voice, Philosophy, Photography, Physical Education, Physical Sciences, Physics, Piano, Plant Science, Political Science, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Public Relations, Queer, Gay and Lesbian Studies, Recording Arts Technology, Rehabilitation Sciences, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Special Education, Sports Management/Administration, Statistics, Studio Art, Supply Chain Management, Teacher Education, Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), Technical Writing, Theater Arts/Drama/Acting, Urban Planning, Visual Arts, Web Design, Women and Gender Studies, Zoology
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/16/23
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
- Home Payment: 18 ($224.29 per additional hour)
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
Important Notes: All incoming U.S. students must pay the $30 admission application fee.
All incoming INTERNATIONAL students must pay the $65 international admissions application fee.
Housing deposit varies between on and off campus sites. Check your lease. $150 deposit is for on-campus housing.
Health insurance is only mandatory for international students. US students may use their own insurance.
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 05/16/23
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
Notes About Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $500
- Proximity to campus:
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
Each student will receive a UTA (Utah Transit Authority) pass which will allow them access to any UTA service including the buses throughout Ogden, the Frontrunner Train anywhere between Ogden and Provo, and the Trax rail system in Salt Lake City.
There are numerous 1 semester off-campus housing options for NSE students that are close to campus. Ask NSE Coordinator at Weber for information on finding these options.
Notes About Meal Plans
Residents in Wildcat Village (non-apartment style housing) are required to purchase one of the available dining plans. Can be as low as $1500 per semester up to $2690 per semester. Students are allowed to use the community kitchen.
Those in University Village (apartment style housing) are not required to purchase a dining plan.
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/16/23
Important Notes about Health Insurance
Incoming INTERNATIONAL students are required to purchase health insurance through Weber State's International Student & Scholar center. Waivers are available. See site for more details: https://www.weber.edu/issc/health-insurance.html
US students not required to purchase insurance, nor required to show proof of insurance.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Comments on Problems or Conditions for Access
As of Spring 2023, the Student Health Center has closed. Students are still able to access free/low cost healthcare at the Ogden Clinic down the road from the main campus. Students can take the shuttle to the Dee Events Center and walk across the street to the nearest clinic. This is more accessible due to being open longer during the days and the weekends. Please take your Wildcard to show that you are a student.
Other Health Related Comments
Again, only international students are required to purchase health insurance through the International Students & Scholars Center.