Nursing/Health Sciences and Teacher Education.Limitations
Upper division social sciences. Social work requires practical prerequisites.Notable Academic Programs
- Business - LC State offers a variety of Business related majors such as Business Administration, Business & Communication, and Business Management.
- Justice Studies - This major provides you with professional education that prepares you for careers in federal, state and local criminal justice and human service agencies.
- Communication Arts - Explore communication in a variety of contexts and become and effective and well-rounded communicator for any career path.
- Kinesiology - LC State offers different emphasis areas to tailor the Kinesiology degree to particular specializations. Students can choose from coaching, exercise science, health occupations, health and fitness, secondary education or sports studies.
- Computer Science - This program is designed to prepare students for industry or graduate work in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. The Computer Science curriculum is based on the Association of Computing Machinery curricula recommendations.
Unique Academic Programs
- Nez Perce Language (Minor) - Gain fluency in the Nez Perce language while participating in cultural activities such as cooking, root digging and reading original Coyote stories.
- Native American Studies (Minor) - This program encompasses a variety of courses including anthropology of Native Americans, oral and written literature, Nez Perce language and tribe and U.S. policies.
- Sport Management (Major) - Combine your interest of business, kinesiology and health to prepare for a future in administration/management of athletic programs, organizations, fitness and health clubs, and other related activities.
- Bioinformatics (Major) - Bioinformatics is a subdiscipline of biology and computer science concerned with the acquisition, storage, analysis and dissemination of biological data. This program is the gateway for students who will pursue graduate study.
- Forensic Science (Minor) - Just start your way to becoming a forensic scientist, a crime scene investigator, or starting graduate school.
Special ProgramsUndergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Accounting, Anthropology, Art, Automotive Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biology/Life Science, Business, Business Administration, Business Management, Chemistry, Child Care, Coaching, Communication, Computer and Information Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Earth Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Elementary Education, English, Environmental Sciences, Exercise Science, Experimental Pathology, Forensic Science, Geology, Global Studies, History, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Information Technology, Interdisciplinary Studies , Junior High/Middle School Education, Kinesiology, Marketing, Mathematics, Music, Native American/American Indian Studies, Physical Sciences, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Law, Psychology, Secondary Education, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Special Education, Sports and Leisure Studies, Sports Management/Administration, Technology Education, Theater Arts/Drama/Acting, Web Design, Women and Gender Studies
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/05/22
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
- Home Payment: 19 ($358 per additional hour)
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
|Health Service Fee
|Canvas Technology Fee
|Liability Insurance Fee
|Consolidated Mandatorys Fee
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 05/05/22
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- On-Campus Housing
- 10% living on campus
- Double: $1675
- Full-year contract required for a full-year exchange
Notes About Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $800
- Proximity to campus: 0-5 miles
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
Local public transportation is very limited, so students should keep this in mind when considering off-campus housing. On-campus housing may be limited for the 2022-2023 academic year. Bathroom sharing can be coed.
Notes About Meal Plans
Each meal plan includes a designated number of 'all-you-can-eat' breakfasts and dinners per week plus a certain number of 'flex' dollars (either $200 or $250), depending on the plan, which can be used for lunch. Plans cannot be reduced after the first week of the semester, but can be increased at any time.
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/05/22
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $0 per semester.