- Campus Catalog
- When will I register? According to class standing
- Syllabus Request for Course Pre-Approval: Contact Host Coordinator for assistance
Nursing, elementary education, athletic training, and medical diagnostic imaging have very limited offerings for NSE students.Notable Academic Programs
- Art & Design - The new, two-story, 43,000 square foot facility provides lab spaces for Graphic Design, Interior Design, Motion Design, Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Ceramics, Art Education, Art History, and Photography. The facility also includes departmental office space, a multi-purpose lab, a traditional classroom, woodshop, graduate studios, commons area, and ceramics kiln yard.
There are many opportunities to advance your skills:
Be guided with the help of expert, accessible faculty.
Have 24-hour access to modern computer labs, art studios and facilities, including the department foundry.
Have opportunities you might not get at larger schools. You not only get more personal attention from your professors, but you also won't have to “wait your turn” to experience everything the department has to offer.
- Applied Technology - FHSU offer’s accredited programs that identify new opportunities and solve problems for students seeking careers in the rapidly changing, fields of technology. We combine theoretical coursework and interactive experience in a hands-on learning environment for you to develop the academic, technical and leadership skills necessary for success in the educational and industrial worlds of technology.
The new Center for Applied Technology, with 58,000 square feet, is the home of the Industrial Technology and Technology & Engineering Education programs and a sculpture and art studio. The Center features computer CAD labs, instructional and graphics labs, STEM labs, woodworking labs, metalworking labs, plastic labs, power and energy labs, robotic labs, construction management labs, sculpture studios, metal foundry studios and flexible spaces for workshops and events.
As a collaborative, innovative student in Applied Technology, you will be inspired every day to learn and create results through ingenuity and resourcefulness. You will develop the following abilities and qualities and be prepared to succeed in your career ambitions and in life:
Knowledge about the evolution of technology and its effect on people and culture
An understanding of emerging and established technologies
Manipulate materials, processes, and systems of instructional and industrial technology
Think critically and solve problems
Communicate articulately, verbally and in writing
- Informatics - Innovative, in-depth on campus classes and our students work with state-of-the-art software and equipment. Small classes taught by knowledgeable experts. Advanced Technology lab spaces
Information Enterprise Institute is the home of the National Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education here at FHSU. Institute for New Media Studies – laboratory and collaboration space dedicated to the transdisciplinary study of new media as it impacts human communication
- Communication Science & Disorders - The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Fort Hays State University provides students with applied learning through clinical experiences at the undergraduate and graduate level on and off campus. The department's content instruction, paired with applied experiences, equips undergraduate students to be positive, effective collaborators in educational and healthcare settings.
As a student in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, you will:
Gain practical, real-world experience with clients as an undergraduate through the modern, comprehensive Herndon Clinic.
Enjoy small classes and learning alongside supportive students and faculty.
Work closely with faculty in courses, labs and clinical experiences
- Management - The Department of Management at Fort Hays State University offers on-campus and online undergraduate programs in business management that prepare you to develop, lead, mentor and inspire teams and spark organizations to reach ambitious goals in product research and development, service enhancement and new business growth.
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Accounting, Actuarial Science, Adapted Physical Education... ++ show all
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 10/05/23
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- Pay regular tuition to your home campus. No tuition/fees are paid to your host campus.
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
|Course Fees / Materials
|Host & Home
Figures per Semester are current as of 10/05/23
Important Notes about Health Insurance
Fort Hays State offers a Kansas Board Of Regents insurance plan through UnitedHealthCare StudentResources. Contact the Health & Wellness office for further information at 785-628-4401 or visit the web site at https://www.fhsu.edu/health-and-wellness/medical/health-insurance
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students must purchase campus health insurance at $1,180 per semester.