- Campus Catalog
- Priority: After campus students
- Syllabus Request for Course Pre-Approval: Contact Host Coordinator for assistance
Alternate delivery sections of any UAlberta courses; Art & Design; Augustana Campus/Faculty courses (avoid courses with course codes starting with "AU"); Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre courses; Business; Campus/Faculte Saint-Jean courses; Computing Science; Courses with non-standard fees; Dentistry; Drama; Economics; Engineering; Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation; Law; Medicine; Music; Nursing; Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; Rehabilitation Medicine; Yukon University courses.Notable Academic Programs
- Sports-Related Programs - We are ranked #9 in the world for our studies in kinesiology and sports-related fields.
- Geology/Paleontology - We are ranked #5 in the world for Geology and #3 for Paleontology
- Petroleum Engineering - We are ranked #5 in the world for our work in petroleum engineering and research.
- Forestry - We are ranked #5 in the world for our Forestry Programming.
- Nanotechnology - We are home to the National Institute for Nanotechnology.
Unique Academic Programs
- Native Studies - We are the only university in Canada to offer an entire faculty dedicated to Indigenous studies
- Artificial Intelligence, Computing Science, Game Design - We are internationally recognized for our cutting edge research in these areas.
- Women's and Gender Studies - We are a world leader in this area.
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Agronomy and Crop Science, Animal Sciences, Anthropology... ++ show all
Agronomy and Crop Science, Animal Sciences, Anthropology, Archaeology, Asian Studies, Atmospheric Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology/Life Science, Botany/Plant Sciences, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Chinese, Classical Studies, Comparative Literature, Conservation Biology, Creative Writing, Earth Science, East Asian Studies, Ecology, Education, Educational Psychology, Elementary Education, English, Film, First Nation Studies, Food Science, French, Genetics, Geography, Geophysics, German, History, Japanese, Junior High/Middle School Education, Korean, Linguistics, Literature, Mathematics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Nutrition, Paleontology, Philosophy, Physics, Physiology, Plant Science, Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies/Theology, Secondary Education, Sociology, Spanish, Statistics, Wildlife Biology, Women and Gender Studies, Zoology
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/26/23
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
Important Notes: 1) All fees shown (including those viewable via the link embedded in "Campus Budget" above) are for the 2023/24 school year. Fees for the 2024/25 school year are not yet known and may increase.
2) All incoming exchange students to UAlberta must pay the U-Pass fee (for a public transit pass) and the UAHIP fee (for basic health insurance provided by UAlberta).
3) The highest optional parking fee is shown above. For all rates, please go to https://www.ualberta.ca/parking-services/permits/monthly-rates.html
4) Cost per additional credit hour is listed as "0" since exchange students are not permitted to take more than a maximum of 15 credits worth of courses per term (this is usually 5 courses per term).
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 05/26/23
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
Notes About Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $
- Proximity to campus:
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
1) No approximate monthly cost for off campus housing is shown since that information changes all of the time and depends on student lifestyle expectations. Students wanting to live off campus will need to do their own research to discover the range of monthly rental costs they might face. We strongly urge all NSE students to apply for on-campus housing since it would be the safest and most convenient option.
2) There are no housing spaces specifically reserved for NSE students. However, NSE students starting their exchanges in September are guaranteed on-campus housing if they meet the April 30 on-campus housing application deadline. On-campus housing is not guaranteed for students starting their exchanges in January; however, there are usually less applications for on-campus housing at that time.
3) The cost of additional credit hours is listed as "0" simply due to a limitation with the NSE system. Please note that NSE students *cannot* take additional credit hours beyond the maximum (15) listed.
Notes About Meal Plans
More information about optional meal plans can be found at https://www.ualberta.ca/residence/voluntary-meal-plan.html
Figures per Semester are current as of 05/26/23
Important Notes about Health Insurance
Please note that the cost shown for health insurance provided by UAlberta (which is called UAHIP) is the amount for the 2023/24 school year. The amount charged for the 2024/25 school year is not yet known and may increase.