- We are a Top 5 Canadian University and one of the Top 150 in the world.
- UAlberta has 5 campuses located in two different cities.
- We offer 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs to over 40,000 students.
About This CampusThe University of Alberta (UAlberta) in Edmonton is one of the top teaching and research universities in Canada, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering and health sciences. UAlberta is currently home to 7,000+ international students who enjoy the more than 700 programs we offer. We have received international recognition for our excellence in Paleontology, Forestry, Geology, Petroleum Engineering, and Sports-related studies. Our teaching and research in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Computing Science and Game Design is growing rapidly and garnering much attention. UAlberta is also home to the National Institute for Nanotechnology where pioneering research in nanoscience is being conducted. As well, exchange students will have access to the second largest university library in all of Canada to ensure they can find all of the latest materials to support their learning.
Location InformationThe City of Edmonton offers all the amenities of being located in a large city. Our campuses are within 15 minutes of our downtown as well a vibrant entertainment district. We offer year-round festivals and attract big name entertainers for live concerts and events. And, of course, being a Winter city you can’t help but be caught up in Oiler’s fever and support our local NHL team.
Helpful Information1) Course registration is on a first-come, first-served basis - there is no guarantee of registration in the courses you may need or want.
2) Exchange students can't take more than 15 credits worth of courses per term (this is usually 5 courses).
3) Exchange students can't audit courses or conduct research.
4) All or a majority of the courses taken need to be in the same faculty/program.
5) UAlberta does not accept paper based TOEFL (PBT) test results to demonstrate English language proficiency