Music- auditions requiredNotable Academic Programs
- Music - Access to Cleveland Orchestra members and many campus-based ensembles and groups
- Urban Studies - Nationally ranked programs with access to many area internships (no car needed)
- Theater Arts/Drama - Partnership with oldest regional theatre company in the US, the Cleveland Playhouse. Classes and performances take place in and around the 2nd largest performing arts district outside of NYC, Playhouse Square at the Allen Theatre
- Film and Media Arts School - Begun in Fall 2018 we are the first Film School in Ohio- BFA
- Africana Studies - Housed in the Howard A Mims African-American Cultural Center
Undergraduate Majors Open to NSE Students
Accounting, African American Studies, Anthropology... ++ show all
Accounting, African American Studies, Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Arabic, Art, Art Education, Art History, Biology/Life Science, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Business Administration, Business Information Systems, Business Management, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chinese, Civil Engineering, Classical Studies, Communication, Communication Disorders, Communication Studies, Computer Engineering, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Dance, Data Processing, Digital Arts, Digital Communications and Media/Multimedia, Drawing, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Elementary Education, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Health Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Epidemiology, Film, Finance/Banking, Fine Art, French, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Graphic Design, Health Administration, Health Education, Historic Preservation, History, Human Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Japanese, Journalism, Junior High/Middle School Education, Law Enforcement/Police Sciences, Linguistics, Literature, Logistics, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Middle Eastern Studies, Molecular Biology, Music, Music Education, Music Management, Music Theory and Composition, Music Therapy, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Operations Management, Organizational Communications, Painting, Performance and Directing, Performing Arts: Voice, Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, Philosophy, Photography, Physical Education, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Law, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Printmaking, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Public Policy Studies, Public Relations, Real Estate, Religious Studies/Theology, Sculpture, Secondary Education, Slavic, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Special Education, Speech Pathology and Audiology, Sports Management/Administration, Studio Art, Supply Chain Management, Teacher Education, Theater Arts/Drama/Acting, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Visual Arts, Women and Gender Studies
Tuition / Finances
Figures per Semester are current as of 04/05/23
Tuition and Fees - Home Payment Students
- Campus Budget
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Two semesters = one academic year
- Three quarters = one academic year
Maximum Credit Hours Per Semester
- No tuition/fees are paid to the host campus.
- Figures do not include costs you will incur for course specific enrollment (e.g., laboratory courses, student teaching, studio art)
- See below for credit hour restrictions and/or miscellaneous fees applicable to Home Payment students.
- Home Payment: 18 ($506 per additional hour)
Financial Aid for NSE Students
Regardless of Payment Plan, financial aid is awarded by and disbursed from your home campus.
Miscellaneous Fees - Per Semester
|Career Services Fee
|Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Fee
Important Notes: Students may have additional course specific or service fees, college-specific fees (Engineering), program fees, etc or may incur charges such as late fees for library materials or non-payment of these miscellaneous fees.
Room / Meals
Figures are current as of 04/05/23
On-Campus Housing Per Semester
- On-Campus Housing
- 3% living on campus
- Apartment: $6935 (includes meals)
- Per semester unless otherwise noted
Notes About Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Approximate monthly cost: $1200
- Proximity to campus: .01
- Local Public Transportation Available to Campus
In 2023,Cleveland State acquired two nearby apartment complexes doubling the on-campus residence hall offerings. Students can now choose from Fenn Tower, Euclid Commons, the Langston or the Edge on Euclid for on-campus housing. Comparable off-campus housing in private apartment buildings adjacent to campus also an option. Many local students commute to campus.
Notes About Meal Plans
See Housing website for up- to- date details on meal plans
Figures per Semester are current as of 04/05/23
Important Notes about Health Insurance
Insurance is required for on-campus living. Student health insurance available.
Exchange with Canada - Health Insurance
Students do not need to purchase health insurance.
Other Health Related Comments
students moving into the on-campus dorms must sign an Emergency Form upon arrival stating that they have insurance and are up to date on all shots. Students also have medical insurance in order to live on campus