Aging in Greece
Contact InformationStephanie Ferrian
University of Minnesota, Morris
Athens and Ikaria, Greece
These courses will appear on this university's transcript.
Requirements & Other Information
- A GPA of 2.5 is required.
- The student must also know .
- ACCESS TYPES - Open
- This program is administered by our campus.
CostsPLAN A FEES
- 0 (Other Fee): $6,200.00 to $6,400.00 for the summer.
PLAN B FEES
- Program Fees: $6,200.00 to $6,400.00 for the semester.
https://sites.google.com/morris.umn.edu/summer2020-greece/home International service-learning course in Athens and the island of Ikaria that explores cross-cultural differences between Greece and the United States in the meaning and experience of aging, as well as in the social and institutional supports for the aging population. Focus on the role of the community and public sector in promoting optimal aging. Students spend two hours per day in the classroom and 4-6 hours per day at a nursing home. This program runs from May 27-June 23, is worth 4 credits, and has no prerequisites.